Please upgrade your broswer to view this website.

Click here to go to Microsoft Website

Excess Cover for Rental Vehicles in NZ

It is highly recommended to take out an excess cover in case of damages to your car4x4motorhome or campervan during your road trips. An excess is the amount payable in the event of an accident. Rental companies will offer excess reduction to reduce your excess from the standard liability amount. However, they tend to have a list of exclusions in their terms and conditions that they do not cover. Read how it works, to see find out how you can save.

RentalCover is an alternative choice to the “excess reduction” options sold by rental companies. has a price beat guarantee, even though it is already cheaper by about 50% of most rental companies’ options. You do not need to take excess reduction or collision damage waiver or any other insurance options from the rental companies. You will be insured by for the duration of your trip, regardless of the rental company you choose.

With you will be covered for many types of accidents typically excluded by the rental companies’ excess reduction, for which you would be fully liable for the damage costs:

  • Single vehicle accidents
  • Vehicle “rollovers”
  • Tyre repairs and replacements
  • Accidents that happen while driving at night or on highways
  • Underbody damage
  • Roof damage
  • Awning damage (for campervans/motorhomes)
  • Hitting animals

You will be covered by as long as you have not wilfully breached the rental contract. will cover all individuals nominated on the rental agreement, free of charge. In addition, will also add a Gap Cover on top of your standard excess amount to cover for any unexpected cost shortfalls during your trip, so you can enjoye your travel at ease. The excess cover on this policy is sufficient to cover the standard liability for rental vehicles. This policy can be cancelled prior to the commencement date.